- Acura NSX GT3 Evo22 shines in qualifying for GT-only VIR race
- Aidan Read qualifies second in GTD, best result to-date for Rick Ware Racing
Rick Ware Racing scored their best-ever GTD qualifying result with the Acura NSX GT3 Evo22 this weekend and will roll off from the front row for tomorrow's GT-only Michelin GT Challenge at VIR.
In the hands of Aidan Read, the #51 set a fastest time of 1:45.077. Read will contest tomorrow's two-hour, 40-minute event at VIR alongside co-driver Ryan Eversley, a previous race winner at VIR aboard both the Honda Civic Si and the Honda Civic Type R TCR.
VIRginia International Raceway Acura Qualifying Results
- 2nd GTD - #51 Aidan Read, Rick Ware Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22
Aidan Read (#51 Rick Ware Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22) qualified second: "This feels good! It's rewarding as there's been quite a bit of hard work on the car recently to get to this position, on the front row. I'm glad to have been able to back up the speed we had this morning and I think we have more in it, I don't think this is the end of the story for us. Ryan showed really good race pace in practice this morning and we've podiumed from further back than this. We've brought our best package here so I'm really optimistic about tomorrow. It's a credit to everyone at Rick Ware Racing, HPD and Acura to get this Acura NSX really fired up and hopefully we can go win this race tomorrow."
- Sunday's two-hour, 40-minute Michelin GT Challenge at VIR is the second of two IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship stand-alone events for the GTD Pro and GTD classes. The first GT-only race took place at Lime Rock Park in July.
- The RWR driver lineup includes Ryan Eversley, the 2018 SRO Touring Car American TCR champion and IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge race winner in 2021. He is partnered by Aidan Read, a 2021 GTD race winner in IMSA at Watkins Glen last year. The pair also joined forces last year when Read engineered Eversley's NASCAR Cup Series debut, with RWR, at Road America.
- The #51 Rick Ware Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo22 driven by Read and Eversley finished third at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, the first podium result for the duo and RWR, in the team's first year of IMSA GTD competition.
Where to Watch the Michelin GT Challenge at VIR
Flag-to-flag coverage from VIRginia International Raceway will be available on CNBC starting at 2 p.m. EDT Sunday, with live streaming on NBC Peacock.
Fans can listen to audio commentary via IMSA.com, RadioLeMans.com and XM Radio; and follow the race live via in-car cameras, IMSA Radio and timing & scoring available worldwide on IMSA.com and the IMSA mobile device App.
Acura Motorsports social media content and video links from VIR can be found on Instagram (www.instagram.com/hondaracing_hpd), Twitter (twitter.com/HondaRacing_HPD) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/HondaRacingHPD). Additional features and long-form videos can be found on the Honda Racing/HPD YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/HondaRacingHPDTV).